Graduate Certificate in Advanced Nursing- Australian Nursing Practice
Gateway to Global Nursing
- AQF Level:
- Amount of Training:
- Mode of delivery:
- CRICOS Code:
The Institute of Health and Management (IHM) was established in 2012 and has emerged as a premier provider of exceptional healthcare and nursing education in Australia. The higher education institute brings together the collective expertise of experienced nurses, academicians and clinicians. IHM offers industry acclaimed programs for nurses, medical practitioners, dentists and other healthcare professionals. IHM was given the status of ‘Institute of Higher Education’ by the Australian Government’s Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). The institute ranked 22 in the Top 25 Australian higher education institutions for quality of education experience based on student ratings in the 2020 Student Experience Survey.
Graduate Certificate in Advanced Nursing-Australian Nursing Practice from the Institute of Health and Management is a great start to your nursing practice in Australia. The course provides Internationally Qualified Registered Nurses with valuable insights and knowledge about the Australian Healthcare system. It adds to the existing knowledge and skills of students and helps them get a strong grasp on the practise styles and requirements in the Australian Healthcare setup. Students have the opportunity to utilize this knowledge in the Australian setting through a Practical Experience Placement (PEP). Additionally, this Graduate Certificate Program prepares RNs for the two-day Outcomes Based Assessment (OBA) practical assessment which is an important element to gain work as advanced practice registered nurses .
Details about the Course
What will I learn?
During this course, students must qualify for 3 units.
- 1 core unit
- 2 specialisation units.
- N9001-Professional Issues and Policies in Nursing
- N8001-Australian Nursing Practice
- N8002-Professional Reflection in Australian Nursing Practise
The Graduate Certificate in Advanced Nursing Practice Australia gives you an opportunity to find employment in a variety of healthcare settings. Certified advanced practice nurse
who complete the program may find work in advanced practice nurse roles such as:
- Emergency departments
- Medical and surgical wards
- Operating rooms
- Primary health care
- Mental health
The average of a graduate nurse in Australia is AUD 79,500 per year.(Source: au.talent.com)
- Interactive online classes with individual attention to each student
- Access to 24*7 Online Library
- Networking Opportunities with peak bodies and industries
- IHM Alumnus Status
- Dedicated Student Support Team
- Work Integrated Learning (WIL) – learn as you practise
- Trained more than 3000+ nurses in Australia
- IHM formerly offered the nursing bridging program (EPIQ-RN)
- Learn from expert industry practitioners
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Advanced Nursing Practice Australia an applicant is required to:
- Have completed a Bachelor of Nursing degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Be an AHPRA registered nurse; or
- Be a registered nurse with the Nurses’ Board/Council from the country of origin or place of residence.
- Applicants must have concurrent employment or access to the Critical care nursing and one- year of full-time post-registration clinical experience
- English Language proficiency requirement for International Students:
- IELTS level of at least 6.5 with no band less than 6, or equivalent scores in OET/PTE/other recognised English examination
- Nurses currently registered and working in English Speaking Countries do not need this requirement. The recognised countries are Australia, United States, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland and South Africa, or
- Direct entry through a pass in English for Academic Purpose (EAP) course with the minimum score of 70%
- Applicants must have concurrent employment (or access to) in the Acute care nursing and one- year of full‐time post‐registration clinical experience
Digital literacy: Must be able to perform fundamental computer operations such as maintaining computer files, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, preparing presentations, and being conscious of the social and ethical consequences of Internet usage.
The facilities at IHM enhance the students learning experience:
- Advanced computer and simulation labs
- Audio-visual equipped classrooms
- Student Lounges
“I would strongly suggest IHM to anyone who wants to pass their NCLEX-RN exam in one sitting, as I did. I was blown away by the quality of teaching and their Learning Management System, which was really helpful in helping me prepare for the exam and had a key factor in passing the exam in the first try.”
Scholarship and Funding
10% Merit Based Scholarship